Monday, 16 May 2016
HOW TO MAKE A SPREADTRUM BACKUP
To make a Spreadtrum backup, do the following.
2. Rooted Spreadtrum phone with sufficient Sd card space.
3. Install Spreadtrum drivers on Pc. SEE HOW
4. Install and Setup adb and fastboot on the Pc. SEE HOW
5. Enable adb detect the spreadtrum device using this guide HERE
6. Download and Install Busybox Stericson or Busybox jrummy
1. Download BackupTools.tar and copy it to the same directory as adb.exe
2. Launch adb, type the commands below and press enter after each command.
adb push backuptools.tar /data/local/tmp
su -c mount -o rw, remount rootfs/
su -c "tar -xvpf /data/local/tmp/backuptools.tar"
su -c ". /mkbackup.sh"
* x - means extract
* v - means list files as extracted
* f - means the name of the archive to be extracted
* p - means retain permission
After the above command, all partitions on the spreadtrum device will be backed up to the backup directory on the device memory card.
POSSIBLE ERROR MESSAGES AND FIXES
* "User unallowed: Operation not permitted"
FIX - On the device, set adb to allow in the Superuser application.
* "tar: Cant remove old file...: read-only file system"
FIX - Run the remount command above properly.
* "sh: applet not found"
FIX - Install Busybox jrummy instead of Stericson